Last updated: 31 July 2020
This is the privacy statement of SenseTek B.V (hereinafter “SenseTek” or “we”). SenseTek is located at 162 Abberdaan in Amsterdam. SenseTek’s Chamber of Commerce number is: 60716517. SenseTek is responsible for the processing of personal data.
SenseTek supervises its data processing. If you have any complaints or questions, you can contact SenseTek. This can be done by post to SenseTek B.V. Attn department for privacy & data protection, Abberdaan 162, 1046 AB Amsterdam, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
In this statement we explain what our general policy is with regard to the processing of personal data. We describe which personal data we process about you, how we guarantee your privacy and what rights you have. If you want to know which cookies we use, you can read this in our cookie statement.
This statement relates to data that we process from customers of SenseTek, visitors to our website, suppliers, job applicants and all other relations of SenseTek.
- SenseTek respects the privacy of all visitors to its website https://www.sensetek.nl, of its (potential) customers and relations.
- SenseTek puts the security and confidentiality of your personal data first and handles your personal data with care.
- SenseTek only shares your data with parties it engages for the delivery of its products and services and with parties with whom it must share data on the basis of a legal obligation.
- SenseTek is constantly looking for ways to improve its services and tailor them as much as possible to your wishes and needs. In doing so, SenseTek always takes your privacy into account and complies with the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation.
When do we collect your personal data and how do we get it?
- SenseTek processes your personal data because you:
- use or wants to use its services;
- you enter or leave data in one of the usual channels, such as e-mail, the website or by telephone;
- visit the SenseTek website;
- have a business relationship with SenseTek;
- apply for a job at SenseTek.
You provide most of the data that we collect from you. Which data this concerns depends on the specific service. In certain cases we can retrieve the data from our database, so that you do not have to supply your data again and again.
Finally, we also collect your personal data via the cookies that we place or have placed. The latter, whether or not after acceptance.
For what purposes do we collect your personal data?
SenseTek processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Communication. We use your contact details to be able to contact you if necessary, for example to settle a warranty or a product recall. Furthermore, to inform you about our services and to keep you informed of promotions and offers. In addition, we use your telephone number, if you have given your consent, to inform you personally about offers relevant to you or to include you in WhatsApp groups that are relevant to you.
- Acquisition. To bring SenseTek to the attention of potential customers.
- Execution of the contract. If you are a customer or supplier of SenseTek, we process your data for the preparation, conclusion and implementation of the agreement.
- Creditworthiness check. In certain cases we test the creditworthiness of our customers, suppliers or other relations. We have this done by an external agency. Usually only company data is processed in this process, but personal data may also be processed.
- Application procedure. Both in response to open applications and in response to a vacancy.
- Laws and regulations. We process your personal data if we are obliged to do so by law and regulations.
- Security. To watch over our properties and to ensure the safety of our staff and customers, the SenseTek site and parking lot are equipped with cameras.
- User experience website. To assess whether the SenseTek website offers an optimal user experience.
What are the bases for the processing?
We process your data because we need this data to enter into or perform the agreement with you, because we have a legal obligation, you have given permission to do so or because we have a legitimate interest in this.
If you have given SenseTek permission to process your personal data for certain purposes, you can withdraw this consent at any time in the same way as you provided it.
Which processes are involved and which personal data does SenseTek collect?
SenseTek processes your personal data in various processes. Below you will find an overview of the most important processes.
Customer service / Contact form
You can contact us for all your questions, comments and complaints about SenseTek’s services and your purchases.
You may be asked to provide certain information so that we can provide you with the best possible service. Sometimes it will be necessary to share your data with third parties, for example the supplier in case of warranty.
The information received by us can be used for research purposes to further improve our services.
On the SenseTek website you can contact SenseTek via a contact form, for example when you have a question or a complaint. This is received by our office staff and is handled as quickly as possible. We need the information that we ask you to enter in order to be able to communicate with you and to be of service to you as quickly as possible. Your entered data will be sent encrypted. These data are not used for any other purpose than handling your question or complaint.
We are happy to inform you by e-mail about our offers, products and services. For this we use your contact details that you provided to us during a previous contact. If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from SenseTek, you can unsubscribe via the next e-mail you receive, via the link “unsubscribe”.
In order to improve our services, we perform statistical analyzes on our sent mailings. For example, we keep track of which version of a mailing has been sent, whether it has been opened, what exactly has been clicked on and whether the sending of a mailing has contributed to the operating result. Read more about this in the cookie statement.
SenseTek can approach you directly to become a customer. SenseTek makes use of, among other things, files that it obtains from third parties. If this is the case, SenseTek will investigate whether the data was obtained lawfully and report the origin of the data. SenseTek sometimes also uses other communication channels. We take into account the relevant (spam) legislation.
To become a customer
To make purchases from SenseTek, you must become a SenseTek customer. For this we need the following information:
- the Chamber of Commerce number of your company;
- Company Name;
- the address details of your company;
- phone number(s);
- e-mail address;
- the business address;
- the billing address;
- the name, gender (for the salutation), address, telephone number and e-mail address of the various contact persons.
Other information is optional and you provide it voluntarily. They are not necessary to become a SenseTek customer. Failure to provide optional information may mean that you may not be able to use certain services offered by SenseTek.
When you become a customer at SenseTek, you will be automatically signed up for the newsletter. If we need your consent for this, we will ask you for it.
We register all purchases you make from us. This means that we keep track of which products you buy, the quantities, at what time (date / time), the purchase amounts and the discounts obtained (“purchase data”).
We use your purchase data to create the purchase invoice and / or to deliver your orders. In addition, we can use your purchase data to make personalized offers, see below.
Personalized offers / targeted advertising
We also use purchase data to gain insight into the wishes and needs of our customers and as input for our offers, promotions and other marketing activities.
We may use your purchase data for personalized offers and to bring to your attention specially selected products.
Provided you have given your consent, you can also receive online targeted offers from SenseTek or see advertisements tailored to your preferences. SenseTek and third parties place cookies for this. We and / or the third parties collect the following information by means of these cookies and pixels:
- (part of) your IP address;
- technical characteristics such as the browser you are using and the resolution of your computer screen;
- from which page you came to our website;
- when and for how long you use / visit our website;
- whether you use the functionality of our website;
- which pages you visit within our website;
It is possible that something is unexpectedly wrong with a product that you have purchased from us. We use your purchase data and customer data to see if and when you purchased the product in question from us and to then contact you. In exceptional situations, when security could be compromised and you need to be notified as soon as possible, we may decide to share your information with the supplier or other third parties in order to take the necessary actions. In that case, we will always agree with these third parties that they may only use your data for the recall and then delete it.
We secure our premises with cameras to protect our employees and property. These cameras are clearly visible and when entering our building you will be alerted to the presence of camera surveillance.
Anonymous and statistical customer surveys
We value your opinion as a customer. That is why we can invite our customers to participate in (market) research. Depending on the survey, you will receive a questionnaire by e-mail. The results of such surveys are anonymous. We only use the data to improve our service.
Purchasing / suppliers
SenseTek processes personal data of its suppliers that are necessary for the purchase of products and the implementation of agreements with the suppliers. The data that SenseTek processes from its suppliers are the names and contact details of the contact persons and other data if this is necessary in a specific case.
If you apply for a job at SenseTek, the data you provide will be processed. These include:
- name and address details;
- e-mail address, telephone number and other contact details;
- birth data / age;
- Curriculum vitae (CV), information about education, internships and work experience
- information about training and education and / or assessments that you have followed or done yourself or through us;
- data on availability;
- other information that is or may be important in the context of the assessment of the candidate’s suitability, for example references and certificates, nationality and work permit;
- other information that you have provided to us.
This data is only accessible to the recipients of this information, our recruiters and the persons involved in the selection procedure and interviews. SenseTek uses this information exclusively before and during the application process.
How long do we keep your personal data?
SenseTek does not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected. What does that mean in concrete terms?
|Kind of data||Retention period and reason|
|Customer data||Your personal data will be kept as long as you are a customer of SenseTek. If you terminate the customer relationship, SenseTek will keep your data for a maximum of one year, with the exception of those data for which there is a legal obligation. This applies, for example, for invoices.|
|Supplier data||Your personal data will be kept for as long as we do business or as long as you are our contact person for the supplier and as long as we are required to do so by law.|
|Applicant data||Your data as an applicant will be kept for a maximum of one month after the completion of an application procedure, unless you have given permission for us to keep it longer. Then your data will be deleted after 1 year at the latest.|
|Camera images||Our camera images are stored for a maximum of 28 days, unless there is a good reason to keep the images longer (for example a police investigation). Then the images are kept for as long as necessary.|
Do we share your data?
We may share your data with third parties engaged by us, such as printers, email and postal processors. We only share this information to fulfill our contractual obligations or for direct marketing purposes.
When we share your data with third parties, we impose on those third parties the obligation to properly protect your personal data.
SenseTek does not sell your personal data to third parties. Furthermore, SenseTek will only share your data with parties other than those mentioned above if it is legally obliged to do so.
How do we protect your data?
We protect your data to prevent it from being lost or falling into the wrong hands. Some of the measures we take are:
- we secure our website with a TLS certificate. Confidential information, for example that is provided via a contact form, is sent encrypted;
- our software has been updated and we are using a firewall;
- access to electronic systems is protected with a password and if external access is given, we use two-factor authentication;
- only authorized staff members / third parties have access to your personal data;
- we share personal data with third parties via a secure connection; and,
- we conclude agreements with third parties who process your personal data on our behalf, so that your privacy is guaranteed.
What rights do you have with regard to your personal data?
You have the right to access, correct or delete your personal data at any time. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by SenseTek. In some cases you also have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data we have about you in a computer file to you or another organization mentioned by you.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for cancellation of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. In this copy, black out your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, these are the two or three lines at the bottom of the cover page of the passport or on the back of an ID card), ID number and Citizen Service Number (BSN). This is to protect your privacy. We will assess whether we must and can comply with your request. We will respond to this as soon as possible.
If you have any complaints about our data processing, please let us know as soon as possible. Of course we hope to find a solution together. In addition, it is possible to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
The rules regarding privacy and the protection of personal data and our services may change. We therefore reserve the right to make changes to this privacy statement. The most current privacy statement can always be found at https://www.sensetek.nl.
This statement was last modified on July 31, 2020.